News from The George Inn - on Stone Street
"If you knew Susie" - January 2019
We provide a varied menu using locally sourced produce, cooked to order, with a choice of roasts on Sundays.
With the approach of spring, The George will be providing specials including game dishes such as Venison and Four Bird Pies, Venison Steak along with well-known favourites like Chicken and Leek Pie and Cod and Chips.
We are able to cater for private functions such as shoot dinners, birthdays and anniversaries.
We are looking for a new part time cook for The George Inn
We are currently looking to recruit a part time cook for this country pub restaurant to work alone and alonsgside our new chef.
First Sunday each month
Local Folk Musicians playing and singing traditional songs
- Sing a-long!
- locally produced and home cooked food
- served lunchtimes from 12 to 2pm and evenings from 6 to 8pm (Tuesday to Saturday)
- choice of traditional family roasts on Sunday - lunchtime only (no food on Sunday evening)
- ample portions and a good selection of desserts
- best to book to avoid disappointment
- children and pooches welcome
Here is a flavour of the food we find very popular with customers.